Thursday, September 11, 2014

Panda Hooded Scarf

My most recent crochet project was a panda hooded scarf. I found a pattern to make a Cat Scoodie and I loved the idea, but I'm not into cats so I wanted to do it differently. After searching the internet for ideas I decided upon a panda bear!


It turned out great and was a very simple pattern to follow. I know I'll probably be  making more panda's or variations on this pattern. It's just to cute to resist!

The hood fits nicely and with the scarf the length of your arms the pockets at the end are a great place to put your hands for warmth or fun or a nice pocket for little things if you don't have pockets and aren't going to go swinging the scarf around your neck.


 I also learned something new when creating this scarf. While the scarf could have been started with a long chain, the pattern linked to a tutorial on how to do a foundation double crochet. I now love that stitch! I always found the foundation row tedious because I had to find each chain to stitch into, but with the foundation double crochet I can do both my chain and my first row at the same time. I'm sure I'll tweak future patterns and start with this instead of chains.


And of course my puppy let me know if I was going to be taking pictures he needed to be included. Plus his black fur shows up so nicely on a white backdrop.

Now I'll just have to wait for cooler weather to use the hood, but I am in no rush for that. I like the warmth and sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly