Tuesday, July 1, 2014

American Nails

I don't paint my nails all that often, mainly because I never know what colors to paint them. But I decided I would do something fun with them for the fourth of July so that I would have all the necessary colors even if they are missing in my outfit.
Originally I was going to paint them blue with white spots for the starts and have a red strip at the top, but I painted them all red without realizing it so I improvised. It turns out I love the finished product!


I started with painting my nails completely red. Once that dried I painted a square of blue in the upper left corner. Then while the blue was drying I used a thin brush to paint the white stripes on top of the red. And once the blue was dried I added white dots for starts on the blue. A while later to be sure everything was dried and would not smudge I covered the whole nail with a clear top coat to keep the nails safer.

Hopefully the nails will stay complete until Friday, but I just couldn't resist painting them when I had a chance. Nail art is so much more fun then simple colors.

2 comments:

  1. Cute! Hope they lasted until the 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, they stayed in pretty good shape except for one nail, so I was happy.

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly