Monday, August 25, 2014

Anna/Elsa Topsy Turvy Doll

I created my own doll by adjusting and adding to the pattern I used previously to crochet Cinderella. This is Anna and her sister Elsa from the movie Frozen.

I love both sides of my doll, but I have a special fondness for the Anna side. I was able to capture more of her dress detail than I was for Elsa. I love the blue dress Anna wears much more than her green one so that is the one I created. 



I haven't completely finished the doll. I want to make Elsa a cape, but while I work on that part of the pattern I thought I should post the main part of the doll.

Later I plan on posting the pattern, hopefully soon. Being the first real pattern I am 'writing'/adjusting I am in the process of deciphering my jotted notes. Hopefully when I am finished it will be usable to others.


I crochet so my knowledge of knitting is limited, but in my perusal of the internet to glean ideas from others who have recreated Anna/Elsa I did run across a knit pattern for them.
I have no idea if those patterns are good or not, but if you knit and want to try it I wanted to let you know the option is out there. You can also tweak them to create the perfect doll for your tastes.


And maybe later I'll create my own coronation princesses, but for now my creation is perfect for me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly